Time for one of my MOST used, and popular Cupcakes. I have been using this recipe year round, and tried with many different icing flavours & types!
First off, I have converted this recipe from a "non-GF/DF" I hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Vegetable Cupcakes
2 (1oz) Squares of Unsweetened Chocolate
1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup (Gluten Free)oat flour
1 cup white rice flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups grated zucchini or beets (approximately)
1/2 cup (Gluten Free) oat flakes *Optional
1/2 no-nuttin chocolate chips *Optional
1. Preheat oven to 350, and line or grease two muffin pans (regular size)
2. In food processor, grate vegetables and set aside
3. Cut up chocolate squares and melt in microwave for 2 minutes @ 60% (if not fully melted, stir until finished)
4. Beat eggs & sugar together in a mixer, until thick and pale.
5. Add oil, and melted chocolate into egg mixture, continue blending.
6. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
7. Slowly add dry mixture into the wet, and continue mixing until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
8. Add in chocolate chips, and zucchini (will be quite lumpy by this point)
9. Fill muffin cups to 2/3 full (I use an ice cream scooper and find this works best)
10. Bake for 20 minutes (for reg. size cupcakes)
11. Cool on wire rack before icing (sometimes I will cool overnight)
12. Top with icing of your choice (see following blogs for my icing varieties)